To oversee, plan and manage the delivery of maintenance activities within the Mr Price sites ensuring that they are delivered routinely/as required, on time to required standard and within the cost parameters set out. This includes maintenance requests for both planned, preventive and reactive maintenance.
· Prepare maintenance schedules in line with the organization’s maintenance goals and monitoring maintenance compliance.
· Frequently inspect facilities to proactively detect potential problems and recommend the necessary repair or maintenance. Perform site visits, quality control, snagging and training.
· Provide support and advice during staff recruitment and ensure the proper onboarding and training process.
· Oversee and assign working schedule for the team to ensure effective delegation of tasks to the team to ensure that the most appropriate person deals with any given issue.
· Generate work orders, enter comprehensive job details, and assign work to team members
· Inspect the quality of performed maintenance work.
· Communicate policies, procedures, and any updates to maintenance staff. Help towards developing and improving the working procedures within the company
· Check that every single job is executed on time, to the budget, and without compromising health & safety guidelines.
· Work closely with contractors to protect the interests of the Sites.
· Review and monitor tools inventory.
· Assist with the development of maintenance procedures and proactive maintenance programs like preventative maintenance.
· Recommend budget items, contributing to the development of an annual maintenance budget.
· Recommend upgrades, overhauls, and other changes to major systems and equipment.
· Actively participate in projects new store fit outs, refurbs etc.
· Actively discuss staff-related challenges with senior management.
· Help out with day-to-day maintenance work when required.
· Check that all sites are safe and not in violation of any regulations.
· Communicate directly with stores/Management to resolve maintenance requests.
Skills & Experience
· Good knowledge of construction and fitout- within the retail sector an advantage
· Ability to understand and solve maintenance issues
· Previous Experience in managing a team and/or managing on-site contractors
· Understanding of H&S regulations including site safety & H&S plans
· Quick thinker able to make decisions & resolve problems efficiently
· Ability to multitask.