- Manage the IT department for large Nationwide Irish retailer.
- Report to the Operations Director with regards to the company’s IT alignment and IT strategy.
- Ensures that IT operational execution meets the highest professional levels.
- Support and simplify processes to improve operations and adapt IT systems.
- Control and evaluate electronic IT data operations.
- Create and design policies and procedures to manage IT systems and electronic company goods.
- Manage and ensure the security of company data, network access, and system backups.
- IT project manager on new site IT installations and ongoing projects.
- Recruit, train and coach IT staff ensuring strong lines of communication and job expectations are clear and understood by all members of the IT department.
- Project manage new store installations along with ongoing projects.
- Improve operational efficiency by working closely with a lead programmer to automate manual processes.
- Design and approve the internal ERP system.
- Audit current technologies and ensure they are of the highest possible standard both for operational purpose and modernization.
- Research all technologies to ensure the company are continuously progressing with technologies.
- Improve the overall effectiveness of technologies by having a good working knowledge of how things can be improved to ensure company advancement.
- Manage changes evolving in any IT project via the scope schedule and costs.
- Plan and manage the yearly IT budget to ensure cost-effectiveness and envisage where possible needs for increased budgeting.
- Manage all IT suppliers and ensure SLA agreements are met.
- 4+ years experience in IT, including 2 years IT management experience.
- Proven track record in successful program/project delivery.
- IT (professional and technical) skills.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good business process knowledge and proven experience in using technology to improve efficiency.
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills.
- A progressive thinker with a keen eye for new technologies.
- Excellent analytical, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of complex information and requirements.
- Good prioritization skills and be flexible enough to adapt plans.
- An ability to work to tight deadlines and within constraints.
- Knowledge of GDPR/Data Protection.
Email Your CV To: email@example.com (Please Include Job Title In The Subject Line)